Azithromycin + Fluconazole + Secnidazole Tablets come under the brand name “CINZY-SF KIT” and belong to the class of ‘antibiotics’, primarily used to treat vaginal infections, such as bacterial vaginosis (BV), candidiasis, trichomoniasis, and mixed infections with chlamydia and Neisseria. Bacterial vaginosis is caused by the change in the normal balance of vaginal bacteria. Vaginal yeast infection or Candidiasis is the infection of the vagina and tissues at the opening of the vagina (vulva). Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a parasite. Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection caused by bacteria. Symptoms of a vaginal infection include itching, odour and abnormal vaginal discharge.
Azithromycin + Fluconazole + Secnidazole Tablets comprises three medicines: Azithromycin (antibiotic), Fluconazole (antifungal), and Secnidazole (antibiotic). Azithromycin belongs to the class of ‘macrolide antibiotics’. It works by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, which inhibits bacterial growth. Fluconazole belongs to the class of ‘azole antifungal agents. It stops the growth of fungi by causing damage and leakage to the fungal cell membrane. Secnidazole is an antibiotic that belongs to the class of ‘amoebicides’. It works by stopping the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
- It is used to treat vaginal infections, such as bacterial vaginosis (BV), candidiasis, trichomoniasis, and mixed infections with chlamydia and Neisseria.
- Azithromycin is an antibiotic that works by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, which further inhibits bacterial growth.
- Fluconazole is an antifungal drug that stops fungi growth by causing damage and leakage to the fungal cell membrane.
- Secnidazole is an antibiotic that works by stopping the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
- It effectively treats vaginal infections (bacterial vaginosis).
Directions For Use
- Take it with food as advised by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, crush or chew it.
- Please take Azithromycin + Fluconazole + Secnidazole Tablets in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor based on specific medical conditions.
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Alcohol consumption, along with it, may cause flushing, increased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain, and low blood pressure. It is advised to avoid alcohol intake during the course with this medicine.
- It is better to avoid this tablet during the first trimester of pregnancy. Consult your doctor before taking it.
- Azithromycin + Fluconazole + Secnidazole Tablets are not recommended for children below 12 years of age. Do not give this medicine to your child without medical advice.
- Stomach pain
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does this medicine work?
It consists of three antibiotic drugs, namely Azithromycin, Fluconazole, and Secnidazole. These are effective against various infection-causing microbes by inhibiting their growth. Thus this medicine helps to treat a variety of vaginal infections.
In which conditions should I stay cautious while using this medicine?
It should be used with proper caution and doctor consultation if you have any liver, kidney, gastrointestinal diseases (diarrhoea and colitis, an inflammation of the colon), active infections, allergic conditions, ulcers or blisters, and urination problems.
Can I stop using this tablet if my symptoms are relieved?
Do not stop using this composition even if you feel better until the doctor’s advised course is finished. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Can I use an antacid while taking it?
It is not advised to take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to two hours after using it since it may interfere with the absorption of this medicine.
How to store and dispose of this tablet?
Keep it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Dispose of unused medicine and keep it out of sight and reach from children and pets.
What happens if I miss a dose of this medicine?
Take the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.