Coral Calcium and Vitamin D3 Tablets come under the brand name “CALIZON-CC” and belong to the class of ‘Nutritional supplements’, primarily used to treat low blood calcium levels. Coral Calcium effectively treats various conditions caused by low calcium levels in the body like Vitamin D deficiency, osteoporosis (weak and brittle bones), hypoparathyroidism (a condition in which parathyroid glands make low levels of calcium in the body), latent tetany (a muscle disease with low blood calcium levels), and rickets or osteomalacia (softening or deforming of bones due to lack of calcium). Vitamin D deficiency occurs when your body has low Vitamin D levels and is caused due to inadequate nutrition, intestinal malabsorption, or lack of exposure to sunlight.
Coral Calcium and Vitamin D3 Tablets consist of two medicines: Calcium (mineral) and Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol). Calcium is a mineral used to prevent or treat a calcium deficiency. It provides essential nutrients to maintain bone formation and maintenance. Vitamin D3 helps maintain blood calcium and phosphorus levels and mineralization of bone. It is used to treat and prevent bone disorders, such as rickets and osteomalacia.
- This tablet is used to treat low blood calcium levels.
- It effectively treats various conditions caused by low calcium levels in the body like Vitamin D deficiency, osteoporosis, hypoparathyroidism, latent tetany, and rickets or osteomalacia.
- Coral Calcium is a mineral used to prevent or treat a calcium deficiency.
- Coral Calcium and Vitamin D3 Tablets provide essential nutrients to maintain bone formation.
- Vitamin D3 helps maintain blood calcium and phosphorus levels and mineralization of bone.
- It aids in calcium absorption enabling bone growth and repair. It further prevents cartilage degeneration.
Directions For Use
- Take it with or without food as advised by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, crush or chew it.
- Please take this tablet in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor based on specific medical conditions.
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Coral Calcium and Vitamin D3 Tablets may interact with drugs treating high cholesterol levels (cholestyramine, colestipol), antibiotics (doxycycline, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, penicillin, neomycin, and chloramphenicol), anti-cancer drugs (estramustine), etc.
- Avoid or reduce the intake of caffeine, soft drinks, and alcohol as they might inhibit calcium absorption.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother. Your doctor will weigh the potential risks and benefits before recommending this medicine.
- Stomach upset
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does this tablet work?
It consists of Coral Calcium and Vitamin D3. Calcium is a mineral, it prevents or treats calcium deficiency. Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) helps maintain blood calcium and phosphorus levels and mineralization of bone. When you don’t get enough Vitamin D from food sources and sunlight exposure, it helps replenish those low levels.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and follow your usual dosage.
Can I take the tablet/capsule with milk?
Milk is considered to be the best source of calcium. You can take the tablet/capsule with milk.
Can I take this medicine if I suffer from hypercalcemia (high calcium levels in the blood)?
It is used to increase low levels of calcium in the body. Hence, it is not advised to use this medicine if you have hypercalcemia since it causes an overdose of calcium leading to kidney stones and other effects.
Can I take antacids while using it?
Antacids may increase the absorption of Calcium from this medicine. Hence, taking it two hours before or four hours after taking antacids is advised.