Doxylamine Succinate + Pyridoxine + Folic Acid Tablet- These tablets belong to the class of anti-emetics that is used for treating feeling sick and vomiting during pregnancy. It is a combination of three medicine: Doxylamine, Pyridoxine, and folic acid. Doxylamine is an antihistamine that is used to control the natural chemical called histamine to prevent nausea and vomiting. Pyridoxine is a form of vitamin B6 because its deficiency can cause nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Folic acid is vitamin B for provides essential nutrients during pregnancy.
Doxylamine Succinate + Pyridoxine + Folic Acid Tablet is safe during pregnancy for overcoming the deficiency of vitamin B6 because it works by restoring the level of vitamin B6 and it begins in the 6th week of pregnancy for leads to electrolyte imbalances and weight loss in pregnancy. The correct dosage of these tablets depends on the patient’s age, gender, and medical history. Dosage also depends on the route of administration and the chief complaint for which the drug is prescribed.
Uses of Doxylamine Succinate + Pyridoxine + Folic Acid Tablet
This medication contains drugs that help to prevent morning sickness and vomiting during pregnancy. It works by restoring the levels of vitamin B6 in the body and treating nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Uses of this medication are:
- Deficiency vitamins B6
- Blocking Histamine
Directions for Use
- Swallow it as a whole with water; do not crush, break or chew it.
- Take medicine for food or without food, as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take it at exactly the time as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not skip your dose without informing your doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away reach from children and pets.
This medication is safe during pregnancy after being prescribed by your doctor but sometimes it can give some temporary side effects on your body that will recover in some days.
- Dry mouth
- Do not consume alcohol while taking this medicine as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you are not fully alert.
- Inform your doctor if you have asthma, glaucoma, stomach ulcer, blockage in the bladder, and vitamin B12 deficiency.
- If you are allergic to any content of it, then tell your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions About Doxylamine Succinate + Pyridoxine + Folic Acid Tablet
Can it be safe for breastfeeding mothers?
No, it is not safe for breastfeeding mothers because sometime it may pass into breast milk.
If prescribed, the doctor may advise you to stop breastfeeding.
Can this medicine take with alcohol?
Do not consume alcohol while using this tablet as it may cause drowsiness and can increase the risk of side effects.
Can I stop taking this medicine if I feel better?
No, do not stop using it without consulting your doctor due to the abruptness of this medicine may cause a recurrence of symptoms.
How does DOXYLAMINE+PYRIDOXINE+FOLIC ACID work?
It is a combination of three medicine: Doxylamine, Pyridoxine, and Folic acid. It works by restoring the levels of vitamin B6 in the body and treating nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.