Drotaverine Injection comes under the branding DROSCA. It refers to the combination known as anti-spasmodic agents that are used to overcome and relieve smooth muscle spasms in the urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract, and gallbladder.
Drotaverine Injection contains Drotaverine Hcl that acts by relieving contractions combined with smooth muscles of the urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract, and gallbladder. Thus Drotaverine Injection helps in relieving pain.
Uses of Drotaverine Injection
- Smooth muscle spasms of the gastrointestinal tract
- Urinary tract
- Often used to treat gastrointestinal conditions associated with smooth muscle spasms.
- Helping to alleviate conditions like urinary tract infections or ureteral stones.
- Improve blood flow in peripheral vascular disorders associated with smooth muscle spasms.
Direction For Use
Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and read the information provided with the Drotaverine Injection for accurate and up-to-date details about the medicine you are prescribed.
- Drotaverine Injection should be administered by a healthcare professional.
- Do not self-administer.
- Gently squeeze the skin with one hand and quickly
- Insert the needle straight into the muscle.
- Pull back the plunger; if blood is seen in the syringe, remove the needle from the skin.
- Change the needle to a clean one of the same size.
- It is alright to use the drug already in the syringe.
- Inject the drug slowly.
Storage of Drotaverine Injection
Use of theseDrotaverine Injection should be under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional:
- keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in a Cool Place
- Store in a Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
Remember, always follow the recommendations of Drotaverine Injection provided by your healthcare provider or the instructions on the medication packaging:
- Injection should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- It is not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Dosage, administration instructions and guidelines, and potential side effects may vary depending on the specific product and the individual’s medical condition:
- Dry Mouth
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the side effects of Drotaverine Injection?
Drotaverine Injection side effects include nausea, vomiting, virtigo and dry mouth. If you suffer from any of these contact your doctor immediately.
Can it be taken with other medications?
It is crucial to inform your healthcare provider about your taking medications because some medications interact with other drugs and you may suffer from serious side effects.
What should patients do if they miss a dose?
It is advisable to contact your healthcare providers for better guidance. Don’t take a double dose.