Mefenamic Acid Drotaverine Hydrochloride Tablets come under the branding DROTON-M. It is a group of drugs widely used to treat migraine headaches, abdominal pain, muscle pain, dysmenorrhea, functional bowel disorders, renal colic pain, heavy bleeding during periods, and pain after surgery. Pain is a symptom triggered by the nervous system due to uncomfortable sensations in the human body. A muscle spasm is a quick involuntary contraction of the muscle, It is a really painful and uncomfortable situation for the body.
Mefenamic Acid Drotaverine Hydrochloride Tablets is a combination of two effective medicines Mefenamic Acid 250 Mg + Drotaverine Hcl 80 Mg. Drotaverine relieves smooth muscle spasms and corrects the body’s calcium levels by inhibiting calcium reuptake by cells in the body. Mefenamic acid functions by preventing the action of chemical messengers at the wounded or damaged location that induces pain and inflammation. Mefenamic Acid Drotaverine Hydrochloride Tablets work together to reduce pain.
Medical Benefits of Mefenamic Acid Drotaverine Hydrochloride Tablets
- Reducing calcium reuptake by the cells
- Correcting the body’s calcium levels and relieving contractions associated with smooth muscles.
- Blocking the effect of chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation at the injured or damaged site.
- It helps in relieving pain.
Direction for Use
Use of these Mefenamic Acid Drotaverine Hydrochloride Tablets should be under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional:
- Take it prescribed by a doctor.
- Swallow it with a whole glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew, or break it.
- Keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in a Cool Place
- Store in a Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
Remember, always follow the recommendations of tablets provided by your healthcare provider or the instructions on the medication packaging:
- Tablets should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- It is not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Dosage, administration instructions and guidelines, and potential side effects may vary depending on the specific product and the individual’s medical condition:
- Feeling thirsty
- Abdominal Pain
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the potential side effects of Mefenamic Acid Drotaverine Hydrochloride Tablets?
Common side effects of Mefenamic Acid Drotaverine Hydrochloride Tablets may include stomach upset, nausea, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, and gastrointestinal disturbances. If you experience any severe or unusual side effects, contact your healthcare provider.
Can these tablets be taken with food?
It’s best to follow the specific instructions provided by your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Mefenamic Acid can be taken with food or milk to help reduce stomach upset. Drotaverine Hydrochloride can also be taken with or without food.
Are there any interactions with other medications?
Mefenamic Acid Drotaverine Hydrochloride Tablets can potentially interact with other drugs, including blood thinners, other pain relievers, and certain medications for blood pressure. Inform your healthcare provider about all the medications and supplements you’re taking to avoid potential interactions.