Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride Tablets IP– It comes under the branding of Hyzix-25 Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of itching, or hives on the skin. Hydroxyzine may be used to treat allergic skin reactions such as hives or contact dermatitis. It also helped in the treatment of skin problems with inflammation and itching.
Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine medication. In allergy, it works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (histamine). This relieves allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes. In short-term anxiety, it works by decreasing the activity in the brain, thereby helping you feel relaxed/sleepy.
Uses of Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride Tablets IP
It is also used for reducing activity in the nervous system for controlling anxiety and tension. Take these medications exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. It is effective in the following diseases that are listed below.
- Skin related problems
Direction for Use
- Shake well just before you take your dose.
- You should not take this medicine for longer than 4 months.
- Do not skip your dose without informing your doctor.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from reaching children.
Side effects of these tablets
This medicine is effective in various medical problems but sometimes it may give some moderate side effects to your body. Our specialist found some common side effects that do not need immediate medical help but as a safe side, you can consult your doctor about your health.
- Chest pain, discomfort, or tightness
- difficulty with swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- Talk to your doctor before using hydroxyzine if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are already using certain medicines at the same time then inform your doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking this medicine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- May decrease your alertness. Avoid driving or using machinery if this happens to you.
Frequently Asked Questions for Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride Tablets IP
What is it used for?
It is used to treat various allergic skin conditions (e.g., eczema, dermatitis, allergies, rash). It also effectively reduces symptoms such as swelling, itching, and redness associated with such conditions.
Can it be safe for pregnant women?
This medicine may cause birth defects. Talk to your doctor before using hydroxyzine tablets if pregnant.
Can it be safe for breastfeeding women?
It is not known whether hydroxyzine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Talk to your doctor before breastfeeding while using this medicine.
What happens if I miss my dose?
Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
There are no reviews yet.