Amoxycillin, Clavulanic Acid, and Lactic Acid Bacillus Tablets come under the branding of MACLAV-LB. These tablets belong to the categories of antibiotics medicines that are used to prevent bacterial infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract, ear, throat, and soft tissue. Bacterial infections are a problem due to harmful bacteria infecting the body. It is also used for diarrhoea infections but is not effective for infections that are caused by viruses.
Amoxycillin, Clavulanic Acid, and Lactic Acid Bacillus Tablets is a combination of three medicines that is Amoxycillin, Clavulanic acid, and Lactic acid bacillus. Amoxycillin is an antibiotic that is used to prevent the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor. It works for reducing the resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxycillin for killing the bacteria. Lactic Acid Bacillus is a probiotic that is added to restore the balance of healthy bacteria.
Uses of Amoxycillin, Clavulanic Acid, Lactic Acid Bacillus Tablets
These medications are used to prevent various bacterial infections due to harmful bacteria in your body. but It will not work for viral infections such as the common cold, or flu. Take it after consulting your doctor because the dose and duration depend on your health condition.
Here are some bacterial infections that can be prevented by these tablets.
- Throat infection
- Joint infection.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Diarrhoea infections.
- Bone infection.
- Respiratory tract infection.
Directions for use
- Take these tablets by mouth with a meal or snack as directed by your doctor, usually every 12 hours.
- Do not take Amoxycillin, Clavulanic Acid, and Lactic Acid Bacillus Tablets with a high-fat meal because it can decrease the absorption of the drug.
- Swallow it as a whole, do not crush or chew it.
- Take it at the same time daily, that time recommended by the doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children.
- Contact the doctor if you notice white patches in your mouth and a change in vaginal discharge.
- Before taking your dose, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any medical history of heart/liver/kidney problems then inform your doctor.
- Avoid using it during pregnancy, use it if any doctor recommended it.
Side effects of Amoxycillin, Clavulanic Acid, and Lactic Acid Bacillus Tablets
There are certain possibilities for the user taking this medicine to experience some common side effects. These side effects are mild in nature and do not bring excess trouble. The side effects that the user may commonly encounter include the following:
- Skin rashes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can it be useful during pregnancy?
Avoid this medicine during pregnancy. Because it can give you some side effects on your body. Your doctor will prescribe it only if the benefits outweigh the risk.
Is this medicine used to treat diarrhoea infections?
Yes, it is useful for diarrhoea infections because Infectious diarrhoea is the inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract (stomach and intestine), which mainly occurs due to contaminated food and water.
Can I stop talking after feeling well?
No, it is not safe. Do not stop your dose without informing your doctor because it can affect your health.
Can it be safe for children?
Yes, it is safe for children but after being prescribed by a child doctor because medicine depends on the age and weight of your child.