Medroxyprogesterone Tablet comes under the branding MEDGIK-10. It is a copied form of the hormone progesterone, which is naturally produced in a woman’s body. It is commonly used to manage several gynecological and hormonal conditions. It can be used as a contraceptive method, usually also known as a “birth control pill” or “progesterone-only pill”.
Medroxyprogesterone Tablet contains Medroxyprogesterone 10mg that works by imitating the effects of natural progesterone in the human body. It supports regulating the menstrual cycle, prepares the uterine lining for pregnancy, and can also modify hormone levels to manage serval conditions.
Medical Benefits of Medroxyprogesterone Tablet
- It helps prevent pregnancy.
- Helps manage conditions like heavy or irregular menstrual bleeding.
- Prescribed to treat endometriosis, a condition.
- Used to regulate irregular menstrual periods.
- Reduced hormone levels.
- Used in the treatment of certain types of cancer, such as endometrial cancer.
Direction for Use
Use of these Medroxyprogesterone Tablet should be under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional:
- Take it prescribed by a doctor.
- Swallow it with a whole glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew, or break it.
- Keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in a Cool Place
- Store in a Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
Remember, always follow the recommendations of tablets provided by your healthcare provider or the instructions on the medication packaging:
- Tablets should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- It is not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any problems.
- Breast tenderness
- Allergic reactions
- Abdominal pain
- Changes in menstrual bleeding
Frequently Asked Questions
How do Medroxyprogesterone tablets work for birth control?
These tablets thicken cervical mucus and alter the uterine lining, making it harder for pregnancy to occur.
Can I use a Medroxyprogesterone tablet if I’m pregnant?
No, these tablets are not meant for use during pregnancy. If you’re pregnant or planning to become pregnant, discuss alternatives with your doctor.
How often do I need to take Medroxyprogesterone tablets?
Usually, you take one tablet daily, following the instructions given by your healthcare provider.