Aceclofenac and Paracetamol Tablets come under the brand name “ACYTON-P” and are categorized as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that combines aceclofenac and paracetamol. This medication is primarily used to reduce pain and reduce inflammation in the body. Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience that arises due to actual or potential tissue damage, and the brain triggers the pain response when the body is harmed. Inflammation is a localized physical condition characterized by redness, swelling, heat, and often pain, usually occurring in response to injury or infection.
The combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol comprises two active ingredients: Aceclofenac, a pain reducer, and Paracetamol, a fever reducer. Aceclofenac and Paracetamol Tablets effectively relieve pain associated with various conditions such as headaches, mild migraines, muscle pain, dental pain, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, and painful menstrual periods. Aceclofenac functions by inhibiting the action of chemical messengers called prostaglandins, which are responsible for generating pain and inflammation. On the other hand, Paracetamol possesses both analgesic and antipyretic properties, helping to alleviate mild pain and potentially reduce fever.
- It helps to lessen pain and swelling caused by different problems.
- It significantly works on providing relief from pain for extended hours.
- It has paracetamol, which is gentler on the stomach than other painkillers.
- So, it’s good for people allergic to aspirin or at risk of stomach bleeding or ulcers. Additionally, it doesn’t affect bleeding time and can also reduce fever caused by pain or swelling.
Directions For Use
- It should be swallowed whole with liquid, preferably after meals as food helps to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Do not crush, break or chew it.
- Please take Aceclofenac and Paracetamol Tablets in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor based on specific medical conditions.
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- You are recommended not to consume alcohol along with this tablet as it contains paracetamol which can together damage your liver severely.
- It should be taken with caution, especially if you have a history of Liver diseases/conditions.
- Aceclofenac and Paracetamol Tablets interact with cholesterol-lowering drugs (cholestyramine), charcoal, medicine to stop vomiting (domperidone, metoclopramide), alcohol, anti-HIV drug (zidovudine), etc.
- This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy or by breastfeeding mothers as it may affect the baby.
- Digestion problems (like constipation, flatulence, diarrhea)
- Increased liver enzymes in the blood (diagnosed through liver function test)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does this tablet cure Rheumatoid arthritis?
No, it does not cure Rheumatoid arthritis but instead, it helps in reducing the pain and inflammation caused by it as it is a pain killer.
Does this medicine cause nausea?
Yes, it may cause nausea or vomiting in some people. In order to avoid the same, you should take this medicine with milk or food. In case you are still experiencing excessive nausea while consuming it, speak with your doctor right away.
Can I stop taking this composition on my own?
No, do not suddenly stop taking this medicine. If you want to stop taking this medicine, consult your doctor and he might gradually reduce the dose to avoid an unwanted increase in pain or inflammation.
Is it helpful in relieving stomach pain?
No, it should ideally not be taken for stomach pain without consulting a physician. This medication can increase the secretion of stomach acid, which may worsen gastritis or an unknown underlying stomach ulcer.
Is this composition safe for kidneys?
Patients with mild to moderate renal impairment should be kept under surveillance. The lowest effective dose should be used and renal function monitored regularly. Effects on renal function are usually reversible on withdrawal of this tablet.