Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection comes under the branding MICEFT-S 1.5 which refers to the class of antibiotic widely used to treat bacterial infections. Bacterial infections known as toxins are caused by the multiplication of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body that may damage tissue and make you sick.
Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection is a combination of two effective drugs Ceftriaxone + Sulbactam 1.5 gm. Ceftriaxone is a cephalosporin antibiotic that can kill bacteria. It works by preventing the formation of the cell wall (the outer protective layer of bacteria, which is essential for its survival) by preventing protein synthesis. Sulbactam inhibits the action of beta-lactamase. Beta-lactamase is an enzyme contained by bacteria that can decrease antibiotics (ceftriaxone).
Medical Benefits of Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection
- Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
- Preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria.
- Prevent and treat infections following surgeries.
- effective against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Direction For Use
Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and read the information provided with the Ceftriaxone and Sulbacta Injection for accurate and up-to-date details about the medicine you are prescribed.
- Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection should be administered by a healthcare professional.
- Do not self-administer.
- Gently squeeze the skin with one hand and quickly
- Insert the needle straight into the muscle.
- Pull back the plunger; if blood is seen in the syringe, remove the needle from the skin.
- Change the needle to a clean one of the same size.
- It is alright to use the drug already in the syringe.
- Inject the drug slowly.
Storage of Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection
Use of these Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection should be under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional:
- keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in a Cool Place
- Store in a Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
Remember, always follow the recommendations of Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection provided by your healthcare provider or the instructions on the medication packaging:
- Injection should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- It is not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Dosage, administration instructions and guidelines, and potential side effects may vary depending on the specific product and the individual’s medical condition:
- Swelling in the Injected site
- Changes in results of blood and liver tests
- Abnormalities (increase/decrease) in the number of white blood cells and platelets
- Black/tarry stools
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the side effects of Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection?
Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection side effects include nausea, vomiting, rash, and constipation. If you suffer from any of these contact to your doctor immediately.
Can it be taken with other medications?
It is crucial to inform your healthcare provider about your taking medications because some medications interact with other drugs and you may suffer from serious side effects.
How to store Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam Injection?
Store the injection according to the guidance of the label that is available in the product package, Store it in a cool and dry place.