Letrozole Tablet comes under the branding LETSOL-2.5. It is a combination of anticancer medicines that is known as aromatase inhibitors widely used to treat breast cancer in women who have gone through menopause. Breast cancer is a type of cancer that grows in breast cells stimulated by the female sex hormone called estrogen.
Letrozole Tablet contains Letrozole Tablet 2.5mg which works by preventing the aromatase enzyme, which is necessary in the production of the estrogen hormone. The cancer cells need estrogen for their development. Thus, Letrozole Tablet supports stopping or preventing the growth of the tumors from spreading to other body parts.
Medical Benefits of Letrozole Tablet
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Adjuvant Therapy
- Neoadjuvant Therapy
- Fertility Treatment
- Help to manage endometriosis
- Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
Direction for Use
Use of this Letrozole Tablet should be under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional:
- Take it prescribed by a doctor with or without food.
- Swallow it with a whole glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew, or break it.
- Keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in a Cool Place
- Store in a Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
Remember, always follow the recommendations of tablets provided by your healthcare provider or the instructions on the medication packaging:
- Tablets should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- It is not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any problems.
- Pain in joints
- Hot Flushes
- Feeling unwell
Frequently Asked Questions
How is medicine taken?
Letrozole tablet is often taken orally, once a day, with or without food. The dosage and duration will depend on the specific medical condition being treated.
Are there any side effects of the Letrozole Tablet?
Common side effects of Letrozole include hot flashes, joint pain, fatigue, and nausea. It can also lead to bone thinning (osteoporosis) with prolonged use. Ask your healthcare provider if you face any side effects.
Can tablets be used for fertility treatment?
Yes, the Letrozole tablet is sometimes used off-label to induce ovulation in women with fertility issues, such as those with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).