Mefenamic Acid + Dicyclomine Tablet– It is a combination of two medicines: Dicyclomine and Mefenamic Acid. Dicyclomine is an anticholinergic that is used to prevent or relax the muscles in the stomach and gut. These tablets also work for stops sudden muscle contractions, thereby relieving bloating, cramps, pain, and discomfort. Mefenamic Acid belongs to the class of drugs known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which is used for blocking the release of certain chemical messengers called prostaglandins that cause abdominal pain and inflammation (swelling).
Mefenamic Acid + Dicyclomine Tablet is a medicine that helps to treat colicky pain, dysmenorrhea, and abdominal pain( occurs between the chest and pelvic region). So these medicine is used to reduce mild to moderate pain and relieve inflammation due to any injured and damaged area. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It may cause dizziness and drowsiness, so drive with caution. This medicine is not recommended for children as safety and efficacy have not been established.
Uses of Mefenamic Acid + Dicyclomine Tablet
This medicine works in mild to moderate pain due to harmful chemical messengers. This medicine is prescribed by the doctor and healthcare professionals. Here are some basic benefits and uses of this medicine.
- Abdominal pain
- dysmenorrhea (period pain)
- colicky pain
- relaxing the muscles
- menstrual cramps
Direction for Use
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not chew or break it.
- Take it with food to prevent stomach upset, as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not skip your dose without consulting your doctor.
- Take the dose at the same time that is prescribed by the doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
This medicine is safe for various kinds of pain and inflammation but sometime it may give temporary side effects on your body.
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, dicyclomine, or similar medicines, then avoid using it.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding mothers inform your doctor.
- If you have a history with your heart, liver, or kidney then share it with your doctor.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol with this medicine for better results.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mefenamic Acid + Dicyclomine Tablet
Can I drive if I have taken these tablets?
No, do not drive after consumption of these tablets because it may be the cause of drowsiness and dizziness.
What are the side effects of these medicines?
You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, and stomach pain after taking mefenamic acid+dicyclomine tablets.
Can it be taken with food?
Yes, you should take this tablet with food or immediately after food as prescribed by your doctor. This will prevent the occurrence of stomach upset, which is very common with this medicine.
How long should I take these Tablets?
This medicine is not prescribed to be taken on a regular basis. Therefore, it is advised to take it for the shortest possible time advised by the doctor or only when you experience menstrual pain.