Norethisterone Tablets Comes under the branding comes under the branding NOREZON-10 CR. It refers to the category of drugs known as “progestogens” that help treat premenstrual syndrome (PMS), endometriosis, painful, heavy, or irregular periods, and breast cancer. Endometriosis is a common symptom is pelvic pain, it is a disorder in which the uterus’s tissue lining (endometrium) grows on the ovaries, bowel, or tissues lining the pelvis.
Norethisterone Acetate Controlled Release Tablets contain Norethisterone 10 Mg that similar acts as the natural hormone progesterone. Thus, it restores hormone levels in the human body and regulates the growth and shedding of the womb lining. Thus, it helps to treat menstrual disorders.
Uses of Norethisterone Tablets
- Heavy, painful, or irregular periods
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Breast cancer
- Usually prescribed to regulate the menstrual cycle.
- Treat the symptoms associated with endometriosis, such as pelvic pain.
- Used in the treatment of certain menstrual disorders like abnormal bleeding or irregular menstrual cycles.
- Useful in breast cancer.
- Positive impact on bone health and helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Direction For Use
Use of these Norethisterone Acetate Controlled-Release Tablets should be under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional:
- Norethisterone Tablets are prescribed by your healthcare professional.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, or crush the tablet.
Storage of Norethisterone Acetate Controlled-Release Tablets
Remember, always follow the recommendations of tablets provided by your healthcare provider or the instructions on the medication packaging:
- keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in a Cool Place
- Store in a Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and read the information provided with the Norethisterone Tablets for accurate and up-to-date details about the medicine you are prescribed.
- This tablet should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- Not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Dosage, administration instructions and guidelines, and potential side effects may vary depending on the specific product and the individual’s medical condition:
- Feeling sleepy
- Unusual vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain/cramps
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the common side effects of Norethisterone Tablets?
Some common side effects include unusual vaginal bleeding, diarrhea, vomiting, and dizziness. If you suffer from any side effects concern to your doctor.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Norethisterone Tablets?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular schedule. Do not double up to make up for a missed dose.
How to store the Norethisterone Acetate Controlled-Release Tablets?
Store the medication according to providing labeling instructions. Store in a cool and dry place. Stay away from high sunlight.